This week's Chef Tip: Make Your Own Stock is applied to Vegetable Soup. Below is a simple recipe to provide your family with healthy soup for the week.
Serves: 6 Cost: ~$15
- 1 ea Spanish Onion, diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 ea Carrots, diced
- 2 ea Celery Ribs, diced
- 1/2 ea Eggplant, diced
- 1 Cup San Marzano Tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 ea Sweet Potato, diced
- 3 ea Yukon Gold Potato, diced
- 1 ea Zucchini, diced
- 1 ea Bell Pepper, Diced
- 2 Cups Kale, diced
- 1 Can Cannelini Beans
- 2 quarts homemade stock
- 2 ea Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Oregano, Minced
- 1 ea Parmesan rind or 1/4 Cup ground Parmesan for umami
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sweat onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and eggplant over medium heat until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes- 1 hour.
- Add a cooked egg for extra protein and healthy fats. Garnish with Oregano.
Contact with questions. Happy Cooking!